We are excited about the future at Spence & Partners. Our Business is growing fast through new client wins and expansion in our current service offerings. Our use of our innovative integrated actuarial and administration pension scheme software platform, Mantle®, across our work is driving us to deliver integrated solutions to our clients. As a result, we believe we can offer something different to people looking to take the next step in their careers.
Spence was established in 2000 and is a privately owned, award winning UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators. We have offices across the UK in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, London, and Manchester.
We offer a dynamic and challenging environment and ensure that all our employees have the opportunities to develop successful and fulfilling careers. We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of personal responsibility and ownership.
We recruit Graduates who are intelligent, ambitious and enjoy working with people. You should thrive on solving complex problems and be interested in the financial services/pensions industry and the areas affecting it. You will be well organised, proactive and calm under pressure, with the ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally.
Teamwork is critical, you will be placed in a highly driven team whose aim is to make you a vital asset from the outset. You will be seeking a challenging environment in which you can develop both personally and professionally in an award winning company. You will be a conscientious individual with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to think critically and logically. You will be asked to work towards demanding targets in a culture where persistent learning is key and high performance is the expected norm.
You will have sound analytical skills, particularly using Microsoft Excel, and have a keen interest in systems development.
You will be looking for a Graduate position where you can make a difference, make an impact and shape an excellent career for yourself in a company that actively encourages fresh ideas and innovation.
About the role – Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst you will:
- Become competent in the use of our bespoke in-house software Mantle;
- Maintain and develop business systems;
- Receive training on data management including installation and auditing;
- Help with the Development of technical products used throughout our businesses;
- Research and learn about new software in the market that relates to the organisation’s functions, presenting ideas for consideration;
- Help to provide a client and member service that is proactive, timely and fully focused on the needs of the client and maintains the excellent reputation that has been established by our impressive team.
This variation makes Spence an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in a career within a thriving organisation.
Key Criteria – Essential
- A honours degree at level 2.1 or above in a numeric subject
- A Level (or equivalent) Mathematics grade B or above
- GCSE (or equivalent) grades A – C in Mathematics and English
- Excellent IT Skills and fully competent in Microsoft Packages, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint with an aptitude for learning other systems.
- Experience of working pro actively and using your own initiative to complete tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen interest in the financial services industry
- Work Experience or Placement in a Professional Services environment.
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach
Benefits Package and Terms
The salary for this role will be £22,000 per annum.
As a Graduate you will work with our team to create a personal development plan in order to support your development in the company and the industry, this may include support for Professional examinations.
You will receive core benefits, pension, private medical insurance, permanent health insurance, life assurance, and access to a range of other benefits including season ticket loans, bike to work scheme, dental insurance, buy leave, Childcare Vouchers.
37.5 hrs per week Monday – Friday (the role will require additional and anti social hours from time to time)
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel. There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment. As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.